This Tutorial was written in November of 2010. Please do not remove this tutorial from Ladyhawwk Designs in any way. This tutorial is copyrighted to Ladyhawwk Designs. Season's Greetings
For this tutorial you will need
* Tube of choice, I am using the work of Elias Chatzoudis. It is a PTU Tube which was a gift from MPT included in their 2010 Christmas Tube Gift Pack. You can find more of Elias work at MPT where you can subsitute the tube I've used if you don't have the tube I used for this tutorial HERE * The AWESOME GreenPoinsettiaScrap Kit I used is from The Quill and Parchment blog which is a FTU kit which you can download from Sabres quill and parchment blogspot HERE
* Plug In - MuRa's Meister Copies which you can download HERE Unzip the plugin and save to your plugins folder.
* Season's Greetings wordart made by me which you can download HERE
1. From the Scrap Kit open up the following elements in PSP;
SL-SnowflakePoinsettiaSabre3 SL-SabreGreenPoinsettiaRibbon2 SL-PoinsettiaPaper1 SL-GreenPoinsettiaSabreFrame SL-GreenPoinsettiaFlowerfrondSabre SL-GreenPoinsettiaBulbSabre 2. Open a new canvas 700 x 700 transparent background
2. With your SL-SnowflakePoinsettiaSabre3 element, edit, copy and edit, paste as a new layer on to your new canvas.
3. Go up to your "Effects", "Plugins" and find the MuRa's Meister filter then choose "copies" ( See my print screen below for the settings I used.)
You should now have something that looks like my print screen below (p.s. you just learned how to make a really easy wreath ;)
4. With your SL-GreenPoinsettiaSabreFrame element "edit copy", then back to your main canvas and "edit" "paste as a new layer" reduce size to 80% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "80%" all layers UNCHECKED. Move your frame so it's centred over your wreath you just made.
6. Take your magic wand tool and click inside the frame until you have marching ants The best settings I found to do this with are as follows; (see print screen below) Mode: Add(shift), Match mode: RGB Value, Tolerance: 102, Contiguous checked, Feather: 0, Anti-alias checked, Inside
7. Go up to "Selections", then "Modify" and choose "expand" and1 pixel
8. Choose SL-PoinsettiaPaper1(or any paper of your choice) and "Selections", "Select All" then "Edit", "Copy" go back to you main canvas and "edit" , "paste as a new layer".
9. "Selections", "invert" then hit your "delete key" on your keyboard. Move this layer below your frame layer. "Selections", "Select None".
10. ChooseSL-GreenPoinsettiaFlowerfrondSabre and go up to "Image" then "Mirror" then "Edit", "Copy" go back to you main canvas and "edit" , "paste as a new layer". Reduce size to 85% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "85%" all layers UNCHECKED. On your layer palette move this layer down so it's under your paper layer (should be the second layer from the bottom above your bottom layer.
11. On your layer palette "right click" on this layer and "duplicate", then go up to "image" then "flip".Right click on your top duplicated layer and "merge down" so your merging your 2 SL-GreenPoinsettiaFlowerfrondSabre layers together. (see my print screen below for what I have now)
12. ChooseSL-GreenPoinsettiaBulbSabre and "Edit", "Copy" go back to you main canvas and "edit" , "paste as a new layer". Reduce size to 45% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "45%" all layers UNCHECKED. On your layer palette move this layer to the top and place the bulb wherever you like. I placed my on the top left side of my wreath.
13. Open up your tube in PSP and "Edit", "Copy" go back to you main canvas and "edit" , "paste as a new layer". (I also mirrored my tube so she was facing the other way) Reduce size to 85% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "85%" all layers UNCHECKED.
14. I then "erased" parts of the tube along the bottom so it looks like she's coming out of the frame. The easiest way to do this I find is to reduce the opacity of the tube layer on your layer palette down some until you can see through your tube and see your frame layer. That will give you a really good idea of how far you can go when erasing. Remember you can always "undo" a step if you don't like it and try it again. (see my print screen below for what I have now after erasing parts of the tube along the bottom)
15. Choose SL-SabreGreenPoinsettiaRibbon2 "Edit", "Copy" go back to you main canvas and "edit" , "paste as a new layer". Reduce size to 85% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "85%" all layers UNCHECKED and move it where you would like. I moved mine to the left bottom side of the frame.
16. Open up the wordart that was supplied and "Edit", "Copy" go back to you main canvas and "edit" , "paste as a new layer". I placed my wordart under my frame (see my print screen for what I have now)
(I also pasted the SL-GreenPoinsettiaBulbSabre ball again on to my canvas and reduced the size down to about 20% and placed it so it looks like it is hanging off the wordart)
17. I then used a script font to add the name. I also used the gradient "metal brass" that comes with your PSP program with the settings shown in the print screen below
18. Once you've added your name add the artists copyright information and save as either a "jpg" or as a "png" file (png preserves the transparent background) and you're
**Note** My preview at the top of the tutorial shows some "noise" added to my tag. If you'd like to do that as well and don't know how to add noise to a tag you can use the "DSB Flux Filter - Bright Noise". I have written a tutorial on how to use this filter if you'd like to try the tutorial to add the noise to your tag.
Animation really isn't necessary with this tag as it looks just as nice without ;)
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and as always I love to see your results and would love even more to post them on my website on the "Tutorials Results" page. Just go to my "contact me" page and send me a message. ~Ladyhawwk~