* Plug In - Alien Skinn Xenofex 2 (Constellation) which is a PTU filter however you can download a trial version HERE
Let's get started.
1. Open the template you downloaded from Addictive Templates in PSP and hold down your "Shift" key then hit "D" on your keyboard. Close the original template and use your duplicated version
2. Delete the top copyright layer
3. Reduce the size of ALL layers 85% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "85%" all layers UNCHECKED (click on each layer on your layer palette and resize each one individually.)
4. Now we're going to reduce the layers listed below even more by 70% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "70%" all layers UNCHECKED Raster 2 Copy of Raster 2 Raster 4 Copy of Raster 4
5. On your layer palette click on your Raster 10 (bottom layer) to make it active. Go "Selections", "Select All", "Selections", "Float" then "Selections" "Defloat"
6. On your material's palette change your "foreground and stroke properties" color to one that matches your tube. I used color #5c0a25
7. We are now going to use a different tool in PSP to colorize something. I like to use the "Change To Target" tool. You can get the exact matching color when you use the change to target tool instead of colorizing and trying to get a close match. You will find it on the menu bar that runs down the left side of your PSP. See my print screen below for help to find it if you don't know where it is. I've also included a print screen of the settings I used for my Change To Target Tool.
8. Your layer should still be selected and with your change to target tool hold down your left side mouse and drag it over your layer covering the whole layer with the color you chose on your material's palette. See how easy that was? You now have changed the color of your layer to a matching color of your tube. Once you've changed the color of your layer "Selections", "Select None"
9. I then repeated steps 5 & 6 and colorized using my change to target tool the following layers Raster 3 Raster 6 Raster 4 Copy of Raster 4 Raster 8
(see my print screen below for what mine looks like now)
10. Open up the supplies from the supplies folder and add what you'd like from the supplies folder (except the roulette wheel) to your tag and arrange to your liking. As you can see from my tag I used the dice (reduced the size of them down), the cards and the poker chips. Here are a few tips for you on how to arrange them
* Once you've added them to your tag and have them sized the way you like play around with the placement of them by dragging them underneath layers on your layer palette to see where you like them the best. * I changed the "blend mode" to some of my elements I added to "Luminance L" just to give them a bit of a different look. You can also lower the opacity down some to fade them a bit as well. (see my print screen below for what mine looks like now)
11. On your layer palette click on Raster 7 layer to make it active and take your magic wand tool and click inside the square until you have marching ants The best settings I found to do this with are as follows; (see print screen below) Mode: Add(shift), Match mode: RGB Value, Tolerance: 102, Contiguous checked, Feather: 0, Anti-alias checked, Inside
12. Open your tube in PSP and "edit" "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your canvas. Move the tube into the square area and place it where you like. Go up to "Selections", then "invert", then hit the "delete" key on your keyboard. Reduce the opacity to about 55%
13. Repeat step 11 and 12 for "Copy of 7" layer (see my print screen below for what I have now)
14. Click on your Raster 10 layer to make it active and go up "Adjust", then "Sharpen", then "Adjust", "Sharpen More" <~~ (VERY IMPORTANT STEP). Now right click on your Raster 10 layer and duplicate it 2 more times. so you now have a total of 3 Raster 10 layers.
15. Click on your "Raster 10" layer on your layer palette to make it active then activate your magic wand tool and with the settings shown in the print screen below click inside your raster 10 layer
16. Now we're going to add the sparkles. Go to "Effects" "Plugins" then find your "Alien Skin "Xenofex2" "Constellation" (see my print screen below keeping in mind your plugins will look different as I have MANY plugins installed)
17. See my print screen below for the constellation settings I used.
18. Click ok, then Click on your Copy ofRaster 10 layer to make it active apply your constellation settings again except hit the Random Seed button once.
19. Click on your Copy (2) ofRaster 10 layer to make it active apply your constellation settings again except hit the Random Seed button once.
20. You can now add the sparkles to other layers of your tag if you wish. I followed steps 14 through 19 and added sparkles to my Raster 4 and Raster 6 layers. (see my print screen below for what i have now)
21. Click on your Raster 8 layer to make it active (wordart layer) and "selections", "select all", "selections", "float" then "selections" "defloat" then "slections", "modify", "expand" and choose "2" pixels. Add a new layer by going to "Layers", "New raster layer" and with your flood fill tool flood fill it with white. Move your flood filled layer BELOW your Raster 8 layer. Click on your Raster 8 layer to make it active, right click on it and "merge down" merging your raster 8 layer with your flood filled layer.
22. Copy and Paste your tube on to you canvas and reduce the size of the tube 85%.
23. Copy and paste the roulette wheel from the supplies folder and place it just at the bottom between her feet. (I also reduced the size of the roulette wheel down 97%) (see my print screen below for what I have now)
24. Add your name and the copyright information to your tag.
Now for the Animation 25. Hide your second and third copied layers on all the layers that you added sparkles to. layers by clicking on the eye to the left of the layer on your layer palette. For example I closed the layers Copy of Raster 1 Copy (2) of Raster 1 Copy of Raster 4 Copy (2) of Raster 4 Copy of Raster 6 Copy (2) of Raster 6
leaving your Raster 1, 4 and 6 layers open
26. Go up to "Edit", "Copy Special" then "copy merged"
27. Got to Animation shop and "paste as a new image"
28. Go back to PSP and hide your Raster 1, 4 and 6 layers by clicking on the eye. Go to your middle layers (copy of Raster 1, 4 and 6) click on them and unhide it by clicking on the eye. Go to "Edit", "Copy Special" then "copy merged"
29. Go back to Animation Shop and "Edit, Paste after current frame"
30. Go back to PSP and hide your copy of Raster 1, 4 and 6 by clicking on the eye. Go to copy (2) of Raster 1, 4 and 6 click on them and unhide it by clicking on the eye. Go to "Edit", "Copy Special" then "copy merged"
31. Go back to Animation Shop and "Edit, Paste after current frame" (you should now have 3 frames in animation shop. See my print screen below for what i have now)
32. You can now view the animation by Choosing "View" then "animation. If you like how it looks you can now save.
You're ALL DONE
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and as always I love to see your results and would love even more to post them on my website on the "Tutorials Results" page. Just go to my "contact me" page and send me a message. ~Ladyhawwk~