This Tutorial was written in June of 2010. Please do not remove this tutorial from Ladyhawwk Designs in any way. This tutorial is copyrighted to Ladyhawwk Designs.
This tutorial is a quick and easy tut. It's not a tutorial you're going to learn much from and is mostly just a "copy and paste" tut. Sometimes it's nice to be able to whip up a tag real quick using all FTU items and this is the intent of this tutorial.
I hope you'll enjoy it and remember you can always colorize anything you like, use any tube you like or wordart even to make it your own.
For this tutorial you will need
* Scrap Kit used is called "Kindness In Blue" by myself and Black Krow which you can get on my scrap kit page HERE Thanks go out to Black Krow for contributing some great elements for this kit for us to use FREE.
* Tube of choice, I am using the work of Popeye Wong. It is a FTU Tube which you can download from Popeye's website HERE (scroll down to find the tube titled "great morning 2") Please visit Popeye's site to see more of his fabulous work. Thank you Popeye for always being so generous in allowing us to use your work free. www.popeyewong.com
1. Open a new canvas 650 x 450 transparent background
2. From the Kindness In Blue Kit open LHDBKkindnessblueframe2 and "edit", "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your new canvas 3. From the Kindness In Blue Kit open LHDBKkindnessblueinsideframe and "edit", "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your canvas (it should fit right into the centre of your 2 circles in your frame. If not move it into the centre)
4. From the Kindness In Blue Kit open LHDBKkindnessbluelement2 and "edit", "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your canvas and move it over to the right of your bottom right circular frame. (see my print screen for what I have so far)
5. Open up your tube of choice and "edit", "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your canvas. Move your tube where you'd like it. I moved mine so it looks like she's sitting on the top left circular frame. You may have to reduce the size of the tube you're using to fit into the frame. (see my print screen below for where I placed mine)
6. From the Kindness In Blue Kit open LHDBKkindnessbluewordart1 and "edit", "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your new canvas. Move it to where you'd like it. I moved mine to the bottom left of the frame.
7. From the Kindness In Blue Kit open LHDBKkindnessbluelement3(butterfly) and "edit", "copy" then "edit" "paste as a new layer" on to your canvas then reduce size to 45% by going to "Image" , "Resize" "45%" all layers UNCHECKED
8. I then rotated my butterfly slightly to the left by going to "Image", "Free Rotate" See my print screen below for the settings I used.
9. Right click on your butterfly layer on your layer palette and "duplicate" then go to "image", "mirror" I then reduced the size by 85% and moved it under and slightly to the right of my larger butterfly (I also added a white drop shadow to both butterfly layers) (see print screen below for what I have now)
10. From the Kindness In Blue Kit open LHDBKkindnessblueAlphabluebut. Using your selection tool select each letter you'd like to use for your name. Paste each letter as a new layer on to your canvas. I then arranged them in order. In my case I used the name "Deb" and place it in the bottom right hand circle. You may need to reduce the size of the letters in order for them to fit. If you don't want to use the alpha's you can just use a font of your choice.
11. On my layer palette I lowered the opacity of my name layer down to about 45%
12. Add your copyright information to your tag
13. Save as a "png" file (to retain the transparent background) and you're ALL DONE!
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and as always I love to see your results and would love even more to post them on my website on the "Tutorials Results" page. Just go to my "contact me" page and send me a message. ~Ladyhawwk~